Sunday 2 October 2022

YOU CAN'T BE DOING MONOPOLY IN BUSINESS, NOT EVEN THE BUSINESS YOU CREATE


As of 11th September, 2022, Elon Musk, with a net worth of roughly $270.7 billion, is the richest person in the world. To see folks that trail him on the list, check the comment session.

I read through the list, and I was shocked to find out that Mark Zuckerberg is 16th on the list.
For days, the thought of Mark Z being 16th on the list kept resurrecting in my mind. And this reminded me of another business lesson: YOU CAN'T BE DOING MONOPOLY IN BUSINESS, NOT EVEN THE BUSINESS YOU CREATE.
If you pay attention to Facebook/Meta, her policies, operations and their customer service in recent months, you'll agree with me that Meta are becoming annoying to use.
They treat customers as if they're the only social media platform in the whole world and people can't do without them.
They ban ad accounts at will. They block profiles as they like without any genuine reason. They drastically limit post reach. I want to believe they now do business of banning their users than the real business itself. I know many people who have lost accounts they've spent years to build in a twinkle of an eye.
People are getting tired of this and they're looking elsewhere to socialize and do their online businesses. This is the reason platform such as TikTok is gaining relevance daily.
There is something I observed in the last 4 days. My observation is that my posts now get to more people than it was in the last 2 months. I don't know if you notice this.
I think Facebook inc. are learning from their mistake. I guess they're realizing that they can't be doing monopoly in the business that thrives through the general public.
The MINDgineer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finish Reading ? Make Your Comment Now..!