Saturday, 3 November 2018

Popular Hollywood Actor, Alec Baldwin Arrested, Charged For...



Popular Hollywood Actor, Alec Baldwin Arrested, Charged For Assault And Harassment

On Friday, Hollywood actor and TV presenter. Alec Baldwin was arrested in New York for allegedly punching a 49-year-old man in the face during a parking dispute.
 
Alec Baldwin
 
US actor Alec Baldwin has been charged with assault in New York City after allegedly punching a man in a fight over a parking spot.
 
He left a police station in the city after being ordered to appear in court on 26 November.
 
This is not 60-year-old Mr Baldwin’s first run-in with the law - in 2014, he was arrested for disorderly conduct.
 
The actor starred in the movie Hunt for Red October and more recently in TV shows 30 Rock and Saturday Night Live.
 
The alleged altercation occurred in the West Village area of Manhattan on Friday.
 
Police told US media the actor had claimed his family member had been holding a spot for his Cadillac Escalade SUV when a man driving a Saab station wagon swooped in and took it.
 
Police say the two men were arguing and pushing each other before Mr Baldwin swung at the 49-year-old man, who was taken to hospital with jaw pain.
 
After he was charged with misdemeanour assault and harassment, Mr Baldwin denied that he had hit anyone.
 
“The assertion that I punched anyone over a parking spot is false. I wanted to go on the record stating as much," he tweeted.
 
US President Donald Trump, whom Mr Baldwin has portrayed on the comedy show Saturday Night Live, said when asked about the arrest: "I wish him luck.”
 
Mr Baldwin has made headlines before for his anger issues.
 
New York police arrested him in May 2014 after he was caught riding his bicycle the wrong way in traffic and then became belligerent, swearing at the officers.
 
He was given summonses for the bike violation as well as disorderly conduct.
 
Mr Baldwin tweeted angrily about the incident, calling New York City “a mismanaged carnival of stupidity” and naming the officer who arrested him.
 
In 2013, he was suspended from his MSNBC talk show Up Late for using an anti-gay slur when arguing with a photographer in New York City.
 
The actor later issued an apology, saying he “did not intend to hurt or offend anyone” with his word choice.
 
Following the incident, his daughter Ireland also defended him on Twitter, saying that "for someone who has battled with anger management issues, my dad has grown tremendously".
 
Mr Baldwin and his daughter have had a tense relationship in the past.
https://ift.tt/2JyNxzE
from Tumblr https://ift.tt/2yS6RDX
via IFTTT

U.S Singer, Akon Speaks On Running For President Against Trump...



U.S Singer, Akon Speaks On Running For President Against Trump In 2020 The President of the United States of America might face a big challenger ahead of the nation’s next general election, in the person of popular singer, Akon.


Akon

American-born Senegalese singer, Akon, is seriously considering running for President against Donald Trump in 2020.

Speaking with Newsweek about facing off against Donald Trump in a recent interview, the 45-year-old said,

“I’ve been thinking about running for 2020 very seriously. But I didn’t want to just do it because I feel like I want to continue doing what I’m doing and hope that builds me enough momentum [for people] to say, ‘You know what, if you run we’ll support you.’”

On Donald Trump’s stance about the future of the country, Akon said “I feel a lot more unsafe.”

“I feel unempowered. Honestly, I feel it’s gonna be a fight. I feel like I should be always prepared for the unexpected. I feel very uncomfortable.”

He continued, “And I feel a lot of Americans do; even some white Americans feel that way because they’re watching backlash of his decisions. It’s not what’s happening now, because it’s clear it’s creating a whole bunch of divide today. But I think tomorrow that impact is going to be so much more devastating.”

Speaking on how things were under previous President Barack Obama, before Trump took office in January 2017, the singer also added:

“We really came a long way to get people to come together, and look at each other as humans, and work towards a common cause,” he told the magazine.

“And now it seems like everything that was done is being undone, with gangs and race groups reemerging. It’s just horrible.”

In a previous interview with Variety, Akon said he felt “personally disappointed” by Trump and reprimanded him and his organization for lack of empathy, adding that, the present circumstance in America made him think about a keep running for office, he told the magazine, “I’m running for the presidency if I do it. My target is the bully.” https://ift.tt/2RynsDQ
from Tumblr https://ift.tt/2OmTIHL
via IFTTT

Chief Robinson Ariyo Questions Legality of Delta State’s Proposed Federal Institution Conversion

  ASABA, DELTA STATE — Chief Robinson Ariyo has criticised the reported proposal by the Delta State Government to convert a state-owned in...