Thursday 25 April 2013

Self-Portraits Reveal the Truth About Body Image


-

Photography student and Brooklyn native Jen Davis was hanging out on the beach with her friends on a sunny day in 2002 when she decided to snap a photo of herself. After she developed the roll of film, Davis was stunned at the image which showed her looking uncomfortable in a one-piece swimsuit while her friends lounged in bikinis. From then on, Davis, now 34, began documenting her life in a series of photos called "Self-Portraits", snapping her most personal moments. "I had never really photographed myself but that beach shot made me realize that I had to step in front of the camera," she says. "I needed to look at myself." The result is an 11-year documentation of Davis' life, including her 110-pound weight loss transformation with Lap-Band surgery. She's also working on a forthcoming photography book (2014). Here are some of Davis' more revealing photos. —By Elise Sole.


More Photos After The Cut.............!




-

-

-

-


-


-


-


-

http;//fastflexer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finish Reading ? Make Your Comment Now..!