Thursday 21 February 2013

Re: [Relationship-Talk] My boyfriend smokes pot almost constantly......

 

Stop emails

Sent from my iPhone

On May 11, 2012, at 2:03 PM, "pwd5404" <pwd5404@yahoo.com> wrote:

 

I am in my late 40's and I have been sober in AA for over 15 years. I lost my husband to cancer about two years ago. Needless to say, that was agonizing and in some ways, it still is.

A few months ago, I reconnected with an old friend from high school. It was quite an incidental meeting as I was in no way looking to date. But we hit it off instantly and our friendship from high school proved to still be strong, but now there was more. We fell in love.

Early on, he told me that he used marijuana for chronic and severe back pain. Even though I am in recovery, I didn't see this as a problem. In fact, I believe it's probably a safer option as far as addiction goes than narcotic pain pills. He told me that he smoked a couple times a week. Over time, I saw that this was a severe understatement. As he grew more comfortable with me and with my awareness of his "habit" he let his guard down and I saw what the reality is. Even though he is a successful professional, he smokes pot every day, several times a day and almost constantly on the weekends.

This became intolerable for me. It was painful to watch. He seems to see no downside where marijuana is concerned, but I believe it will kill him. This is not something I'm willing to witness. I've been through enough. I told him this just a couple days ago and he is raging angry. We are not talking and maybe we never will. But how in the world can he think that smoking ANYTHING morning, noon and night is no big deal.

I know I did the right thing. Really no choice. He's furious that I implied he was an "addict." Well, what would you call it?

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Relationship-Talk.com: Expert Advice on Love & Dating
http://www.relationship-talk.com

Finding the Love You Want
The Cure for Being Single...When Nothing Else Has Worked
http://www.findingtheloveyouwant.com

The Emotional Freedom Technique
A Powerful Tool For Relieving Negative Emotions and Pain
http://www.EFT-Alive.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finish Reading ? Make Your Comment Now..!