Friday 29 August 2014

Artistes who flaunt wealth on social media appear Superficial & Unapproachable -Reminisce


Talented rapper,Reminisce was recently listed by Time Magazine and one of the 7 world rappers to watch out for. He was the only African rapper on the list. In an interview with Punch. He opened up on why he doesn't flaunt his wealth, and not being credited for writing songs.
On why he doesn't flaunt wealth ...

“I am a very reserved artiste. I am able to differentiate between Reminisce the artiste and Remi the family man. That is why I don’t promote luxury. There is nothing I need that I can’t afford, but I am not going to show off on social media. When artistes do such a thing, they appear superficial and unapproachable to their fans. Instead, I simply invest in people.”On writing a song for Goldie...


“I wrote the hit song, Don’t Touch my Body for late Goldie and was never credited. But, it is okay. There are many songs you write and don’t get credited for. I don’t really care about such things, neither do I like to complain or bear grudges. I don’t really want to reveal or speak about others.”On almost giving up

I
t’s true that I almost quit music four months before my fortune improved. I became a star around late 2011, after I released Kako Bi Chicken. The video of that song was released around the period that Nigerians were protesting against the removal of fuel subsidy. I had just become a father at that time and I realized that I couldn’t continue the same way.
“I almost quit music because I wasn’t making any money. You know, money controls the industry today, unlike the past when talent did.”







Facebook Comment Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finish Reading ? Make Your Comment Now..!