Tuesday 2 June 2015

FIM Reader Wrote : My encounter with a Doberman


Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Plugin for AdSense.

Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.


What nonsense, haba, wetin I do this animal. I nor fit just waka pass like every other person?  Today nah today, wetin wan happen make e happen. I cannot be intimidated like a child, I am over 18 for God sake.
Today, I must take that route, “all die na die“. I was walking down olodi street as usual, past the house with that big, black Doberman. I noticed that the Doberman wasn’t in the yard as he usually is.
Strange I thought.
Then I looked away from the yard and straight ahead. There was the Doberman. It was standing there, tail straight down, lips drawn back over those sharp, white teeth. It growled this low, rumbling sort of growl.
For only God know how long, i just plain couldn’t move. Both of us stood there looking at each other, the dog lip drawing tighter and higher over its teeth, the growling getting lower and lower.
I turned ever so slowly, and slowly began walking away. For some reason I decided it would be dangerous to look back , that it would provoke the dog to attack. So I forced myself to

look straight ahead as i walked, slowly. My feet felt heavy and my knee was so weak I didn’t know if i could continue walking this way.

Then I heard claws scuttling across the sidewalk,  and I know it was coming my way-very fast.
Suddenly, my knees and feet worked just fine. I tore out of there as fast as I could. What I saw ahead of me was Mama Kalechi’s store. That became my goal. I ran, pumping my legs and hand as fast as i could must them to obey me. And now i could hear him breathing behind me. Well, I swung to my right and jumped over the drainage up to the door of the store, pulled the door open and shut it immediately behind me. 
Then, Bang! The dog goes right into the door. For a second i thought the door would give way. But, no the door was strong than it looks and it held its own. That day I vowed never to take Olodi street again even in my dreams.

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Plugin for AdSense.

Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.

via Blogger http://ift.tt/1FqhbNm

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Plugin for AdSense.

Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finish Reading ? Make Your Comment Now..!