Friday 8 August 2014

Didier Drogba retires from international football





Chelsea striker, Didier Drogba has announced his retirement from international football. He will no longer play for his country Ivory Coast but will continue to play for Chelsea. See the statement he posted on his website today below...
"It is with much sadness that I have decided to retire from international football. These past 12 years in the national team have been full of emotions. From my first call up to my last match I have always tried to give my best for my country. I am very proud to have been captain of this team for 8 years and to have contributed to placing my country on the world stage of football taking part in 3 world cups and 2 African Cup of Nation finals. I cannot convey
enough thanks to the fans for all the love & support during these years. All my goals, all my caps, all our victories are for you – I love you. I also owe much gratitude to my team mates – the players with whom I have shared all these emotions and I wish you all much success for the future & a very warm welcome to the new manager.”




Facebook Comment Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finish Reading ? Make Your Comment Now..!