Saturday 1 June 2013

Reformed chocoholic loses 17st in a YEAR after bus bosses refused to employ him in case he broke the driver's seat

Plus size PaulA 36-stone father-of-three shed half his body weight after being turned down for a job as a bus driver - because he would have broken the seat.
Paul Palmer's waistline ballooned to 72 inches as he guzzled a gut-busting diet including six Mars bars for breakfast.
His daily choolate-filled intake of 7,000 calories left him at a huge 35st 11lbs - and too obese to work.

Paul palmer
Incredible bulk: Paul Palmer weighed 36 stone and lost half his body weight after a bus company refused to employ him in case he broke the driver's seat 
The only job offer he had was as a bus driver, but he was turned down when bosses saw him and told him he would break the seat.
Paul, 37, a former bailiff, was so embarrassed that he decided he had to lose weight - and just 13 months later he is lighter by a remarkable 16st 11lbs.
He's so pleased with his progress that he's now offering to help other overweight people beat the bulge by becoming a slimming guru.
 
Paul, from Tiverton, Devon, said: 'I applied for nearly 1,000 jobs and the only call back I got was from a bus company.
'I went along to the interview and the man said I was a perfect candidate and under normal circumstances they would have given me a job - but they couldn't due to health and safety.
'Apparently I was too heavy for the chair. It was absolutely humiliating.
'I was depressed and I started to spiral again, but after a couple of months I realised this was the perfect motivation I needed to lose weight.'
Paul used to eat six Mars bars a day for breakfast, but now wants to become a slimming guru to help other fat fighters beat the bulge
Paul used to eat six Mars bars a day for breakfast, but now wants to become a slimming guru to help other fat fighters beat the bulge
With a daily gut-busting intake of 7,000 calories, Paul was warned that he'd be dead by 45 unless his eating habits changed
With a daily gut-busting intake of 7,000 calories, Paul was warned that he'd be dead by 45 unless his eating habits changed
At the peak of his girth, Paul spent £100 a week on calorie-crammed takeaways and was recognised in the street by his pizza delivery boy.
As well as breakfasting on half a dozen Mars bars, he wolfed down a giant Cadbury Dairy Milk every day and washed it down with glass after glass of sugar-laden fizzy drinks.
But after deciding to lose weight, he gave his diet a complete overhaul and started eating
healthy salads, jacket potatoes and stir-fries.
Paul said: 'I lost my job three years ago and it all went downhill from there.
'I suffered with depression, I comfort ate - chocolate, burgers, pizza - any takeaway meal I could lay my hands on.
'My favourite was Cadbury Dairy Milk, I could and would eat that by the truck load - I'm surprised I didn't put them out of business.
'It wasn't just Dairy Milk though, I would start by having around six Mars bars in the morning with a couple of cups of coffee.
Before joining Slimming World, Paul thought he was 20 stone but got a nasty surprise when he weighted-in at over 30. Upon realising his true weight, he took action because didn't want his children to grown up without a dad
Before joining Slimming World, Paul thought he was 20 stone but got a nasty surprise when he weighted-in at over 30. Upon realising his true weight, he took action because didn't want his children to grown up without a father
'Then there were the Revels, Minstrels, doughnuts and other junk food. My daily calorie intake was as high as 7,000 calories.'
Paul says he wasn't big as a child but his weight soared after he got a job as a truck driver and stopped off at roadside cafes to gorge.
His GP warned he would be dead by 45 but after joining a Slimming World group, he is half the man he used to be - literally.
Paul, who is 6ft 4in and now a trimmer 19 stone, said: 'The week before Slimming World I was weighed at the doctors. I thought I was near 20st - but I was well over 30.
'When I stepped on the scales it said 'error' - I was far too heavy for them.
Paul had planned to lose just enough weight to get a gastric band fitted, but now does an hour of cardio a day to maintain his new slim line physique
Paul had planned to lose just enough weight to get a gastric band fitted, but now does an hour of cardio a day to maintain his new slim line physique
'When I found out my true weight I realised I was in trouble. I didn't want my kids to grow up without a dad.
'I planned to lose 10 per cent of my body weight in three years so I could register for a gastric band but after one week at Slimming World I lost 12lbs.
'Within six months I had lost 10 per cent already so I just didn't stop, I became addicted to losing weight.
'It wasn't a diet, it was just healthy eating, and I was never hungry.
'When I started I literally couldn't move, but after eight weeks I would start exercising, walking round the block and things like that.
'Now I have joined a gym and do an hour of cardio a day, plus I play squash and go swimming twice a week.'
Paul still wants to lose a further two stone and has started his own classes at Slimming World to help others shed the pounds.
He said: 'My friends and family warned me before but I didn't really take any notice.
'My fiance Emma didn't want to hurt my feelings by telling me about my weight.
Now my friends and family who I haven't seen in a while can't believe the difference - I am a new man and I want to help others achieve the same.'
In October 2010 two bus drivers were suspended from work for being too fat.
The duo were sent home and allegedly told to lose half a stone each in four weeks.
Bosses at Blackpool Transport in Lancashire said they took action to protect passengers.



http;//fastflexer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finish Reading ? Make Your Comment Now..!